Thursday, August 21, 2008

Introductions

This is my new blog.
I guess I should start by saying a little about myself.

I like to make cards and paper crafts. I have started selling my creations in various online market places such as estsy.com and eCrater. Most of my business is through co-workers who need a simple birthday card to larger custom orders. Once I had an order for 17 handmade one of a kind art cards that was placed on a Monday due for Friday of the same week! It was a bit of a challenged because each card was a one of a kind creation different from the others, but it was an order for one of my bosses and the first big job I've had to do. Of course I said yes. Even though I cursed myself the whole way through, I was happy with the end result and so was my boss.

My best friend is designing a website for me and helping me with some interesting virtual marketing. I share all my prototypes with him and even though we argue about the prices I should charge and the kinds of cards I should make, I value his opinion and he has been very supportive and helpful. I don't know what I'd do without him. He is my hero.

My sister has also been supportive... in her own way. She is not as excited about my little business as I am and sometimes she comes off as indifferent. But, she has been drumming up business here and there by telling her co-workers and friends about me, so I know she cares.

My special friend, we'll call him Batman (on account of his obsession with the comic character) has been supportive of me in all the things I want to do. There is not much he can do for me other than continue to stay positive and be there for me. We live what seems like a zillion miles apart but everyday we get a little closer.

Those are the 3 most important people in my life. My Sister, my Hero, and my Batman. I love them all very much.

No comments: