Wednesday, August 4, 2010

and somewhere in the shadows a basement kitty is lurking...


Even looking through a dirty window, she could still see a bit of blue sky...
Tonight is free Jazz night at the art museum. I was going to go with a friend of mine. We had plans to listen to the jazz, sample the wine and ponder over the art collection. But, alas, my friend got sick. So now I'm home, creating my own art, sipping cheap red wine and eating a frozen white castle. Mmm classy! I should have stopped at the grocery store after I left the library (yes, I still check books out at the library and yes I enjoy it) but I forgot until after I started to get hungry peering into the vast emptiness that is my refrigerator.
So anyway, this piece isn't done yet and I have no idea where it is going. It started as an accident, but instead of having one of my bitch fits and tossing it out like i usually do when something isn't working, I kept repeating what my very artistic and talented friend Becky always tells me "you can always paint over it. Just let the art happen... blah blah blah..." and she is usually always right. Maybe my dirty window will evolve into something cool or maybe it will end up in the trash where it belongs (I salvaged a piece of cardboard from the trash to use as the canvas).

No comments: